AFRICA APAC EUROPE MIDDLE EAST NORTH AMERICA
SIMILARWEB ’ S DIGITAL 100 REVEALS AUSTRALIA ’ S FASTEST GROWING ONLINE BRANDS IN 2022
With its annual Digital 100 ranking for 2022 , Similarweb is recognising 10 top-performing digital domains from 10 categories , ranked by growth . This year ’ s winners include a diverse range of products and services from robot vacuum cleaners and fitness supplements to designer fashion and online car dealerships .
The fastest growing websites among Australian audiences in each of the categories are : theticketmerchant . com . au (+ 302 %), frontiertouring . com . au (+ 282.8 %) and ticketek . com . au (+ 151.6 %).
This trend also played out in the travel sector as the four fastest growing websites were all airlines offering flights between Australia and South East Asia . Along with the category leader flyscoot . com , airasia . com (+ 703.6 ), malaysiaairlines . com (+ 486.2 %) and singaporeair . com (+ 362.5 %) witnessed significant traffic increases throughout 2022 .
• Automotive : Top site cars24 . com , up 174.6 %. Online car dealership .
• Beauty & Cosmetics : Top site fresha . com , up 106.6 %. Reservation and booking platform for beauty treatments .
• Technology & Services : Top site workjam . com , up 76.8 %. Productivity platform .
• Consumer Electronics : Top site ecovacs . com , up 95 . 7 %. Robot vacuum cleaners .
• Health & Fitness : Top site setforset . com , up 301 %. Health and fitness guides and supplements .
• Apparel & Accessories : Top site poshmark . com . au , up 144 %. Social marketplace for pre-loved clothing .
• Financial Services : Top site cfs . com . au , up 91 %. Superannuation and investments .
• News & Media : Top site nytimes . com , up 332 %. International news site .
• Travel : Top site flyscoot . com , up 884.8 %. Budget airline .
• Hobbies & Leisure : Top site livenation . com . au , up 341 %. Ticket retailer and event guide .
This ranking is based on traffic from Australian desktop and mobile web Internet users , focusing on digital domains that were active throughout 2021 and averaged at least 100,000 monthly visits in 2022
“ After all those years in lockdown , it ’ s clear there is a pent-up demand among Australians to live their lives again . Ticket and gig guide websites dominated the Leisure category last year and airlines offering affordable flights to South East Asia topped the travel category as Australians rushed to head overseas ,” said Holly Joshi , Head of Account Management , Similarweb A / NZ .
Cost of living pressures still taking their toll
Despite the desire to get back to normal , this year ’ s results show Australians are changing their behaviour in response to economic pressures beyond their control .
This is particularly apparent in the Financial Services sector . Last year ’ s Digital 100 was dominated by home loan providers but , with rapidly rising interest rates , this year tells a very different story . With retirees , or those close to retirement , concerned with how long their superannuation and other investments will support them , traffic to Colonial First State almost doubled in 2022 . x
Common theme : Back to life
A common theme across many of these categories was life returning to a sense of normalcy after two years of pandemic lockdowns . For example , in the Hobbies and Leisure category , not only was the ticket retailer and event guide , Live Nation , the fastest growing digital property , six of the 10 fastest growing websites were all ticket retailers . These included
www . intelligentcxo . com